Hello, my name is Sharon Woodard. I'm a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor at New Life Counseling Center, PLLC, a private group practice in Winston Salem, NC, offering individual, group, couples and family counseling, and serving a wide variety of clients from diverse backgrounds. Our offices are conveniently located, have plenty of free parking and are fully handicapped accessible. The professional building has many different types of businesses so your confidentiality and anonymity is enhanced. Our office hours are 9-6 Monday through Fridays. Some evening hours are available by prior arrangement.
I am a graduate of Lenoir-Rhyne University with a Master of Arts in Community Mental Health Counseling. I’m trained in the use of Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT: including individual and group therapy), with a focus on Mindfulness and Present Focused Techniques.
During my ten years of community mental health counseling experience I’ve gained extensive experience while serving clients of many cultures, ranging in age from early childhood to adulthood. My specialty areas include work with individuals who are survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual abuse, and others types of severe trauma. I also have a great deal of experience treating clients with anxiety, depression, borderline personality (BPD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), family relationship issues, grief & loss, as well as treating those with impulse control difficulties, low self-esteem and self-harm.
My professional experience has provided me with the opportunity and skills to serve clients who are resolving very intricate life situations. I focus on empowerment and therapies that tap into the driving need and natural human potential for growth, with an emphasis on freedom, meaning, self-determination, choice and responsibility. I work to provide a non-judgmental and person-centered environment and take a strengths-based, collaborative approach in helping the individual work toward an optimal quality of life.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC #8631)
- Integrating Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- The Role of Spirituality in Health and Mental Health
- Cultural Meanings of Death and Dying
- Child and Family Systems
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Wise Mind Group/Emphasis on DBT
- Advanced Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Person Centered Thinking
- Motivational Interviewing
- Counseling Adult Clients with Chronic Pain
- Promoting Recovery, Well-Being, community Integration; Implementing Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Tenancy Supports/Coaches Training