FEES AND SERVICES
- Free Screening: A brief (10-15 min) screening with the Practice Director is offered at no-charge and may be conducted in-person or by telephone as time allows.
- Telephone Consults: There is no charge for brief telephone calls with clients. Calls exceeding 5 minutes are charged at the rate of $20 per 10 minute time unit. Health insurance won’t cover the cost of Telephone Consults.
- Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis for US Military Veterans. Thank you for your service to our country!
- Reduced fees are also available for clients choosing to work with one our counseling interns. No insurance reimbursement is available for these services and you need not have insurance to benefit from these low rates *See below
- Brief Coaching Sessions: We don’t offer therapy sessions under 40 minutes as we believe that it’s impossible to do justice to the therapeutic process in such a brief time. However we do offer brief coaching sessions. $100 for up to 40 minutes for Individual Office Session (additional time billed in 10 minute increments at $20 per unit) Must be scheduled in advance, in person or by phone. All other sessions are assumed to be 50 minutes. Insurance WILL NOT pay for coaching sessions.
- Full-Length Sessions: $130 per 50 minute hour for Individual Office Session. $140 for 50 minute Couples and Family sessions (additional $30 for high conflict sessions). Additional session time, if time allows, is billed in 10 minute units at $20 per unit ($25 per unit for high conflict). If you arrive more than 5 minutes late for your session, your session may be rescheduled or reclassified as a brief coaching session (insurance will not pay for coaching sessions).
- Extended Sessions: Extended sessions are billed as above, but Individuals, Couples or Families may choose longer session times. Couples and Families often need and/or benefit from having additional time. The extended portion of these sessions are not covered by insurance. It is preferable that these are scheduled in advance but the time may be extended, if time allows, and after 50 minutes is billed in 10 minute units at $20 per unit ($25 per unit for high conflict) including a 10 minute break for each hour.
- Groups: $60 per 1 1/4 hour for In-Office Group Session
- Crisis Sessions: $225 for the first hour plus $130 for each additional 30 minute unit.
- Other services not covered by insurance: Executive Coaching ($150 per 50 minutes), life coaching ($130 per 50 minutes), career counseling ($130 per 50 minutes) and hypnotherapy ($225 per 90 minutes) sessions are also available.
SERVICES THAT MAY BE PROVIDED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE:
- "Prolonged Exposure with Response Prevention" Sessions: These sessions typically take more than 50 minutes and the extended portion is not covered by insurance. This is often performed in a community setting and may include travel and other incidental expenses.
Some services may be covered in-full or in-part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. You are ultimately responsible for any unpaid balances. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the insuror following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Is this provider in-network for my insurance?
- If not, do I have out-of-network benefits?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Must I have a mental health diagnosis to qualify for reimbursement?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment except for forensic services.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be charged an $100 no-show fee. Any client who cancels more than twice without sufficient notice may be seen on a walk-in only basis. Excessive cancellations even with a 24 hour notice can result in a client lose their standing appointment or termination of the therapeutic relationship.
*Special Lower Rates for Services Provided by Counseling Interns
Part of our mission is to further the development of promising students who are preparing to enter the professional field of counseling. This is one more way that we can give something back to our community and offer quality services to those who would like to help us in that mission and/or those who may not otherwise be able to afford the quality of services we strive to offer at New Life Counseling Center!
The two student interns we have this year are bright and talented young ladies who are finishing up their final year of their master's degree in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Wake Forest University. You can read about them under the "Meet the Interns" tab.
INTERNS FEES AND SERVICES
- Full-Length Sessions: $20 per 50 minute hour for Individual Office Session. $20 for 50 minute couples and family sessions (additional $10 for high conflict cases). Additional session time, if time allows, is billed in 10 minute units at $5 per unit. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your session, your session may be rescheduled.
- Extended Sessions: Individuals, Couples or Families may choose longer session times. Couples and families often need and/or benefit from having additional time. It is preferable that these are scheduled in advance but the time may be extended, if time allows, and after 50 minutes is billed in 10 minute units at $5 per unit including a 10 minute break for each hour.
- Groups: $20 per 1 1/4 hour for In-Office Groups. Longer Groups to be determined based on time.
- Crisis Sessions: $30 for the first hour plus $10 for each additional 30 minute unit. (Subject to the discretion of the professionally licensed staff).
Questions? Please contact us for further information.
Request a therapy appointment online: